#ChooseTapWater – Reusable Water Bottle Campaign Rules
Tap water within the boundaries of the Santa Ana River Watershed is safe to consume. Water is required to meet or exceed drinking water standards set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. To learn about your specific tap water testing results, we encourage you to research the consumer confidence report created by your water agency, which can be found online.
Did you know that bottled water is less regulated than the tap water that you receive at home? In fact, most bottled water is the same water that you receive at home from a municipal source, with less regulation during the bottling process.
Using reusable water bottles are the perfect way to drink tap water. Water bottles can be used over and over again without the risk of plastic leaching into the water you are consuming. YourSoCalTapWater.org and its supporting agencies encourage you to #ChooseTapWater!
During the month of June, each week, YourSoCalTapWater.org will be giving away five reusable, high-quality, vacuum-sealed water bottles. There is no cost to enter or win.
Enter to win by doing the following during the month of June 2017 only
- Sign up to follow our blog: YourSoCalTapWater.org. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter your email to follow us. We promise not to spam you or share your email. We will send you one informational article relating to tap water in our region every month.
- We want to see how you #ChooseTapWater! Post a photo on Facebook or Twitter of you, your family and/or your pets using tap water and tag SoCalTapWater in it. Use #ChooseTapWater
- Contest will run June 1-30, 2017 only.
- You can enter up to one time per week.
- Each week you can re-enter, but must use a different photo than the previous week.
- Winners are chosen at random by a weekly drawing June 9, 16, 23 & 30.
- Chances of winning are dependent on the number of entrants for the given week.
- Winners cannot re-enter to win again.
- All photos and rights to photos become property of YourSoCalTapWater.org/ Santa Ana Project Authority.
- Winners will be notified via private message, as well as announced on Facebook and Twitter.
- Have fun!